We’re Sienci Labs. We break the rules around conventional manufacturing by creating new and innovative processes for small-scale mass manufacturing and close the gap between idea and production. Our work revolves around creating hardware and software solutions designed to simplify and automate manufacturing so that businesses and consumers can more quickly innovate and bring products to market.
Open positions can be found below. We have flexible work hours, but our core hours are from 10am to 4pm. Please email us at email@example.com, with the position you are interested in as the subject with your resume and cover letter. Show off your portfolio, past projects, or side hustles too if you’ve got other work that you’re proud of.
We’re based in Waterloo, ON, approximately 1.5 hours from Toronto, ON.
Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Please provide us with your resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and other relevant details to be considered. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s a lot of innovation to be done in the CNC router market. As the machines themselves continue to become easier to assemble and use, the software aspect has lagged behind. Consumers and businesses need an easy way to go from an idea to a finished product without the learning curve that’s normally associated with complex, industrial machinery.
We’re looking for a software developer who loves moving fast and proving to the world that “it can be done”. You should want to work with both hardware and software developers to create harmony in awesome products.
Great assets to have for this job:
- Experience building cross-platform desktop apps using Electron
- Familiarity with the Three.js (or a related) JS library
- Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and other microcontrollers/computers
- Understanding of networking hardware and computers (systems communication)
- Interest in UX and human-centered design
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework or a similar PHP framework for web development
- Interest in rapid prototyping tools, such as 3D printers, CNC milling machines, and laser cutters
More information regarding this position can be found in the attached PDF
We’d be happy to consider remote work in the short-term especially due to the current circumstances. In the long-term, the position will be located at our office in Waterloo so that you could best collaborate with the rest of our team.
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for coordinating ordering and logistics for parts and supplies in the manufacture for our products, and works with our engineers and operations to continue the flow of materials in and out of our shop.
- Ordering parts from local and overseas suppliers and manufacturers
- Scheduling production and manufacturing
- Check quantity and quality of parts and work with manufacturers to improve our products
- Using Alibaba and other wholesale and marketplace platforms
- Reading engineering and technical drawings
- Producing purchase orders
- Working with freight and logistics companies
- Excel/Google Sheets
- Updating inventory levels