Duties, taxes, and tariffs
Depending on your country and location, you may be subject to duties, taxes, and tariffs. We do not cover the cost of duties, taxes, and tariffs. You may be charged with these items depending on the size of your order.
Canadian customers will be charged sales tax based on their province.
Average duties and taxes on a LongMill for US customers have been approximately $30-75USD. Orders under $800USD do not have duties and taxes for order to the US.
Please note: LongMills come with a 90-day warranty. Details can be found on the product page.
Unless specifically noted for each product on the product page, we provide a 60-day warranty once your order is received by the purchaser against missing parts, defects in material, and defects in workmanship. This warranty does not cover products for wear and tear, improper use, intentional damage, modifications, and lack of maintenance. Consumables such as end mills, anti-backlash delrin nuts, and v-wheels that have been opened or used are not covered under warranty.
Sienci Labs will ensure additional service is provided to replace defective parts or provide a partial or full refund. Sienci Labs may require you to ship back defective parts or provide additional information to provide warranty service.
If you need warranty service, please contact us through this form.
If your order has not shipped yet, you can cancel your order with no penalty.
If your order has shipped and is shipped back due to refusal to accept the shipment, our return policy will apply.
You may return your order within 30 days of receiving it. Orders may be subject to additional fees, and refunds will be made by the sole discretion of Sienci Labs based on the condition of the order returned.
You must first contact us to approve a return. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
Our shipping address is Unit 2 – 372 King St N, Waterloo ON. N2J 2Z3.
Fees for refunds:
Orders that are returned are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Shipping fees that were paid to ship your order are non-refundable. Products that are opened, damaged during transit, or are returned outside of the 30-day window may not be eligible for a refund.
Refunds typically take a few days to process. Most payment processors (Paypal, Moneris) usually say that it can take around 5-7 business days and up to 14 business days for money to show back in your account.
The following Safety Guidelines are here to keep you safe while operating your machine:
- We provide building instructions online that will show you how to put your machine together. Carefully follow the assembly instructions and check that the final product is as expected before operating it; this is to ensure operator safety.
- Position all wires appropriately before beginning the operation of this machine. Ensure they are safe from the machines cutting head and won’t be pinched when the machine is moving within its operating area. Cutting or pinching a “live” wire may cause exposed metal parts of the trimming tool or the machine to become electrified and shock the operator.
- Regular machine operation should occur in a well-ventilated space for general respiratory health. Some materials or their byproducts can cause skin irritation or become unsafe to inhale when cut. If you’re unfamiliar with the material in question, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) about covering exposed skin and/or wearing appropriate airway protection (e.g. dust mask/respirator) before cutting.
- Always wear eye protection during machine operation.
- Always wear hearing protection during extended machine operation based on proximity to machine.
- Any workpiece must be appropriately secured before starting a cutting routine by clamps or other practical securing method. Holding the material by hand or employing any other unstable form of securing will lead to unsafe loss of machine control.
- Cutting tools used for the LongMill or any CNC machine should be used at the discretion of the user. These tools are sharp and can crack and break without notice so appropriate care should be taken by the user while manipulating and installing them. Carefully check the tool for cracks or damage before operating the machine and replace any which are cracked or unfit immediately.
- Carefully inspect any consumable material before use on the machine, any unforeseen inconsistency in material hardness or material quality may cause damage to the machine and can harm yourself.
- Before beginning a cutting job, ensure the router/trimmer runs properly. If visible vibration or wobble occurs, disable it immediately; it may be damaged or the cutting tool may be improperly installed.
- Keep the cutting tool clear of the workpiece before the router/trimmer is turned on.
- Keep away from all moving parts during machine operation.
- Do not leave the machine running unattended. The machine should only be operated with the operator present.
- Do not touch the cutting tool immediately after use. It may be hot and could burn the operator.
- Use cutting tools that are appropriate to the material and cutting speed being used.
Throughout this policy the words “we”, “us” and “our”, or “Sienci Labs” are used to refer to Sienci Labs Inc. and “Mill One”, “LongMill”, or “machine” refer to Sienci Labs’ line of CNC products which includes the Sienci Mill one and LongMill Benchtop CNC. Additionally, the words “you”, “your”, “user”, and “operator” will refer to the original purchaser/customer, user, or viewer of any of the products or media provided by or through Sienci Labs.
The listed “Safety Guidelines” outline the necessary precautions that should be taken any time the machine is operated. By assembling our provided kit, the product user takes on all the associated liability pertaining to the operation and maintenance of our Mill One or LongMill products. Sienci Labs will not be held responsible for any damages to property or injury incurred on the operator or bystanders if any alterations are made to the design or assembly of our machine. Although care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information made available on our website (www.Sienci.com) and other forms of media, Sienci Labs will not be held liable for any inaccuracies, errors, or inconsistencies in website content, the content of files linked to by our website, references made to external websites herein, and/or other information produced by Sienci Labs. The information which has been made available will not be applicable to all situations and is subject to change without notice so it should not substitute for the discretion of the user. Variability in machine accuracy and performance may occur due to improper machine assembly by the user, as such, Sienci Labs takes on no responsibility for variation between claimed machine specifications and the performance of the user’s machine from improper assembly.