The following Safety Guidelines are here to keep you safe while operating your machine:
- Be sure to carefully follow provided machine assembly instructions before machine use to ensure operator safety.
- All wires must be appropriately positioned before beginning the operation of this machine. Cutting a “live” wire may cause exposed metal parts of the routing/trimming tool to become electrified and shock the operator.
- Ensure the machine is placed on a flat surface and in a well-ventilated space before operation.
- Always wear eye protection during machine operation.
- Always wear hearing protection during extended machine operation based on proximity to machine.
- Materials may release chemicals that are toxic or unsafe to inhale when cut. Always check the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of the material in question before cutting. Always cover exposed skin and wear appropriate airway protection (e.g. dust mask/respirator) specific to the material used and its application.
- Any workpiece must be appropriately secured before starting a cutting routine by clamps or other practical securing method. Holding the material by hand or employing any any other unstable form of securing will lead to unsafe loss of machine control.
- Cutting bits used for the Mill One should be used at the discretion of the user. Bits are sharp and can crack and break without notice so appropriate care should be taken by the user while manipulating and installing them. Carefully check bits for cracks or damage before operating the machine and replace any cracked or unfit bits immediately.
- Carefully inspect any consumable material before use on the machine, any unforeseen inconsistency in material hardness or material quality may cause damage to the machine.
- Keep away from all moving parts during machine operation.
- Before beginning a cutting job, ensure the router/trimmer runs properly. Immediately disable the tool if visible vibration or wobble occurs. This might indicate a damaged tool or an improperly installed bit.
- Make sure the bit is not contacting the workpiece before the router/trimmer tool is turned on.
- Do not leave the machine running unattended, the machine should only be operated with the operator present.
- Do not touch the cutting bit immediately after use. It may be hot and could burn the operator.
- Use bits that are appropriate to the material and cutting speed used.
The listed “Safety Guidelines” outline the necessary precautions that should be taken any time the machine is operated. By assembling our provided kit, the product user takes on all the associated liability pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the Mill One. Sienci Labs will not be held responsible for any damages to property or injury incurred on the operator or bystanders if any alterations are made to the design or assembly of our machine. Although care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information made available on our website (www.Sienci.com) and other forms of media, Sienci Labs will not be held liable for any inaccuracies, errors, or inconsistencies in website content, the content of files linked to by our website, references made to external websites herein, and/or other information produced by Sienci Labs. The information which has been made available will not be applicable to all situations and is subject to change without notice so it should not substitute for the discretion of the user. Variability in machine accuracy and performance may occur due to improper machine assembly by the user, as such, Sienci Labs takes on no responsibility for variation between claimed machine specifications and the performance of the user’s machine from improper assembly.
Throughout this policy the words “we”, “us” and “our”, or “Sienci Labs” are used to refer to Sienci Labs Inc. and “Mill One” or “machine” refer to Sienci Labs’ “Sienci Mill One” line of products. Additionally, the words “you”, “your”, “user”, and “operator” will refer to the original purchaser/customer, user, or viewer of any of the products or media provided by or through Sienci Labs.