Posted on Leave a comment

A redesign of the X and Z axis gantry

Rendered Image Z Axis 4

I’ve been working on improving stiffness in all of the axis. Here’s a 3D render of the X and Z axis assembly. I found that the biggest issue with the previous iteration was that it was difficult to reach the fasteners, so it was a bit tricky to get everything as tight as possible.

We ordered linear rods and bearings, lead screws and nuts, and some other fun stuff to play around with, so this design is going to implement them. Lets hope they get here soon.

In the meantime, Chris is printing out some new parts for us to test out, and so we should know how they do in the next couple of days.

Leave a Reply