Changes made to the Mill One Y axis gantry plate

Just wanted to share that we’ve made a minor tweak to the Mill One Y axis gantry plate, so that we can improve the adjustability of the tension on the Y axis rail.

We found that:

  1. The rails between our last batch and current batch are slightly different in width, with the current batch being slightly wider.
  2. Since the steel plates are significantly stiffer than the HDPE from the V2, we no longer have to compensate for the internal flex in the HDPE, so that spacing of the holes can be slightly wider on the steel.

If you’ve been planning on building your own machine, I would recommend using the newest hole spacing for your plates on the Y axis since the new plates are compatible with both batches of aluminum rails.

Happy American Thanksgiving!