To read the update before this, please visit https://sienci.com/2020/11/09/november-production-updates/
For more day to day shipping updates please check https://forum.sienci.com/t/list-of-shipped-machines/1215/210
Hi folks, this is our November production update pt2.
If you are reading this because you are planning on ordering a machine, I ask that you please read this update carefully as will provide important information and answer many of the common questions you may have. If you have any other questions that are not answered in this post, please check the FAQ. For any info not provided in this post or in the FAQ, feel free to get in touch with us.
Since the middle of the year, the LongMill has seen tremendous growth, thanks to users all around the world. Thank you to everyone who’s taken the time to recommend the LongMill to their peers and community.
We have been struggling for the past year to keep up with the demand and have been working on scaling operations. Batch 4, our latest batch will consist of 1000 LongMill units and I expect this batch to last at least for the next 4 to 6 months, letting me have a breather (since I’m the one mostly in charge of ordering all of the parts for the machine) and finally shorten the lead time on the LongMill. Things have really come a long way since October 2019, when we first started shipping the first LongMills.
Current lead times
For a full, up to date list of shipped/machines to be shipped, please visit https://forum.sienci.com/t/list-of-shipped-machines/1215. We typically update this page with orders that are waiting to be shipped to help customers see where they are in the queue.
If you have already ordered a machine, you can likely find an estimate on when your machine will ship.
New schedule —
Order #27081 – #27264: Estimated to ship Nov 26 to Dec 4
Order #27265 – #27354: Estimated to ship Dec 7 to Dec 11
Orders after #27359: Estimated to ship after Dec 14*
*Most orders after #27359 will likely ship the week of Dec 21st and beyond
Lead times for new orders
New orders for LongMills are expected to ship in 4 to 8 weeks. We will continue to update lead times as production progresses.
Some things that may impact the lead times:
- Delays in shipping for incoming parts
We expect to have inventory to ship 800 units arrive by the end of December as well as enough stock to ship the remaining backlog of orders.
- Holiday season delays
Sienci Labs Inc. will be on holidays from Dec 24, 2020 to Jan 4, 2020. We are currently working extra hours to pre-pack units to make up for the lost week. However, depending on our incoming volume of sales this may cause some delays.
Some staff will be available on reduced hours to assist with customers.
Shipping times during the holiday season also tends to be a bit dicey as well.
- Quality checks
If the incoming parts do not meet our quality standards, we may need to remanufacture or reorder parts to meet these standards.
Dust shoe brackets
Current stock: <60pcs
Incoming stock: 500pcs
Estimated arrival date: Dec 4 In stock
Router mounts and motor spacers
Current stock: <80pcs
Incoming stock: 1000pcs
Estimated arrival date: Dec 17 First batch of 75 has arrived. Remaining parts expected to arrive first week of January
Current stock: <180 sets
Incoming stock: <1000 sets
Estimated arrival date Dec 23 In stock
We will continue shipping machines with the stock available and resume shipping once new parts arrive.
Sienci Labs Inc. and our staff will be on vacation for the holidays between Dec 24, 2020 to Jan 4, 2021. Communication and shipping during this time may be limited.
For questions and inquiries, we recommend emailing us through our contact form as one of our staff may be available to help during this holiday season.
Commonly asked questions
If you are interested in ordering a LongMill please read this section.
Is there any way to skip the line/get my machine faster?
- No. To keep things fair for all of our customers, we ship all orders based on when they were ordered. There are no exceptions. The only way to get a machine faster is to order one sooner. If we have updates to the lead time, they will be posted here and on the forum: https://forum.sienci.com/t/list-of-shipped-machines/1215. If you want to see where you are in the queue for your order, please check the forum.
Does it make a difference in when I get my machine if I pick it up?
- The only difference it will make will be that you will not have to wait for the shipping/transit time for the machine to ship. Typically, machines take around 1-3 days to ship within Ontario. Otherwise, there is no difference.
When do you charge my card/take payment for my order?
- Your card will be charged at the time you place your order. This is to ensure your place in line, purchase parts ahead of time, and have the most accurate estimates on production and delivery.
How can I cancel my order?
- You can cancel your order with no penalty any time before your order ships. Please contact us through our website or email us with your order number and a request to make a cancellation. A refund will be processed through your original method of payment.
Are there any holiday discounts coming up?
- We will not be offering any holiday discounts such as for Black Friday/Boxing Day. We generally do not offer discounts since we prefer to offer the best price for our products so that you get the best deal for our products regardless of when you purchase. This also helps keep production levels stable throughout the year and ensure we produce products of the highest quality. So if you place an order now or later, be rest assured you’ll be getting the best deal.