Hey everyone. We’re excited to share that the SLB will be launching on Dec 4, 2023. Chris and our development team have been going full bore in bug fixing, testing, and doing the final prep to get the SLB ready for production.
For the pre-order page, please visit https://sienci.com/product/slb/
The SuperLongBoard 5xHAL is a next-generation 32-bit controller for the LongMill, open-source for other CNCs as well. Please note that this is a pre-order*.
Look forward to everything that the original LongBoard (typical grbl) can do…plus:
- Faster movement and jogging speeds
- Quieter motors
- CNC status lights with support for external lighting
- Safe E-stop depowers motors and disables accessories
- Programmable action buttons to suit your workflow
- Faster probing and higher sensitivity with touch plates
- Higher level spindle control using RS485**
- Smoother and faster laser motion and engraving
- Independant 4th/Rotary axis output for simultaneous 4-axis cutting
- USB-C and Ethernet connectivity to computer with extensive shielding and onboard ferrites to improve communication reliability
*Controllers are expected to ship in March 2024. Please note that if you order when SLB is on backorder, these controllers are expected to ship in May 2024.
**List of compatible spindles to come soon.
There are simply too many features and updates to share in one blog post, but we do have lots of different content and information you can check out to find out more about the SLB on the Youtube video, the product page, and our blog article, Next Big SLB Update .